Scenario Planning - Russia The New Amendment 2020 – Putin the Iron Man Reforms Constitution
7 Pages Posted: 20 Jul 2020 Last revised: 24 Jul 2020
Date Written: June 27, 2020
• Putin - an indispensable King to Power or the worthy choice until a fitting successor is found?
• Who knows if Putin (Ex-KGB) has a hidden prodigy?
• Putin has unrivalled power, charisma, wit, a sporty image, military and defence intelligence, diplomatic tactics and attracts the world.
• World leaders can benefit from these qualities for peace and steadiness.
• Putin is a man of iron; with all political pressures and sanctions, yet Putin delivered better politics and environment to attract foreign business and drive FDI in Russia.
• Five top trade partners increased their import purchases from Russia from 2018 to 2019: United Kingdom, Kazakhstan, United States, Netherlands and China.
• Vladimir Putin could continue to use energy as a “new nuclear weapon”, along with further innovations. Markets felt the pressure of Russia and Saudi Arabia oil price war influence game.
• The clarity in Putin's 2020 constitutional amendments may bring stability to Russia and clarity to would in terms of near and future term strategies.
Keywords: Scenario Planning, Russia, Kremlin, Putin, USA, Pakistan, Gwadar, CPEC, China, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Article 81 Constitution of Russia, 2020 Constitutional Amendments, Military, Russia Exports, GDP, Jerusalem, Syria, Jordan, Soft leadership, Power
JEL Classification: A11, D31, D73, E44, E51, E66, F51, F61, F62, G28, G32, I31, J32, K33, L26, L98, N00, M00, P44, P45
Suggested Citation: Suggested Citation